What is DEAC?
The Deacon Electronic Account Center (DEAC) is an electronic billing system that allows students and authorized payers to view student account activity in real-time, 24/7. Payments are made via e-check through an Authorized Clearinghouse (ACH).
DEAC (Deacon Electronic Account Center) accounts are automatically set up for all incoming freshmen and transfer students. Students access their DEAC accounts by logging into the Wake Information Network (WIN) and clicking on Online Bills. New students should receive information in the mail from the Office of Admissions of their respective schools about accessing WIN.
Important: Student Financial Services does not set up accounts for parents or other third parties. Due to the Family Educational Right of Privacy Act (FERPA), students must authorize parents or other third-party payers to have access to their accounts.
In order to protect your identity and security, Student Financial Services can not accept electronic payments via telephone. Students and any authorized payers must submit their payments via DEAC by using their secure login and password.
* Do not use your parent/authorized payer’s email address as your secondary email address. This section is only for students to add a secondary email address for themselves. Authorized payers should add an email address under their own User Preferences. *
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I authorize a parent/third-party payer?
- Log in to WIN and go to the Personal tab.
- Click on the DEAC link under Online Bills.
- Click on Authorized Payers. Enter your parent/third-party’s name and create a unique login name.
- The authorized user will receive an email with their username and a link to log into DEAC. They have 24 hours to log into the account before the link expires.
How do I setup my preferences as a third-party payer?
Once your student has enabled your access, follow the instructions below:
- Go to DEAC.
- Enter login information. Your student must provide you the unique login name and password he/she created for you. Note: If you have more than one student at Wake Forest, you will need to have a different user name for each student.
- Click on User Preferences. Add an email address for e-bill notifications.
- Click on Payment Profile to enter payment information. This step is optional, but it will save you from re-entering banking information each time you make a payment or add Deacon Dollars.
Parents can access DEAC in the future by bookmarking the SFS home page and using the Parent login or clicking on the DEAC link from the Parent page.
How do I receive text messages when a bill is ready to view via DEAC?
Please follow the instructions below:
- Log into DEAC.
- Click on User Preferences located in the left pane.
- Under the SMS Option Section, type in the mobile number where the text message is to be sent and then select the mobile carrier from the drop down box.
- Under the Notification Section, please click on the SMS box beside “When a bill arrives.”
- Click on the save button
- Congratulations, you will begin to receive monthly text messages when your bill is ready to view.
How do I update my email address in DEAC?
Students: To change/update your own email address: Log into WIN, go to the personal tab and select DEAC. Choose “user preferences” on the left hand side and update your address in the email addresses portion. Be sure to save your changes.
Authorized Users/Parents: Log into DEAC, choose “user preferences” on the left hand side and update your address in the email addresses portion. Be sure to save your changes.
What do I do if I forget my password?
Please review the DEAC Password (PDF) guide.
Guest Payer Access
Guest Payers can pay toward a student’s account but do not have access to view any account details. Guest Payers must have the student’s 8-digit student ID number in order to make a payment to his/her account.