Applying for a University PCard
If you would like more information on how to receive a University PCard, please review the instructions on the “FAQ” tab below.
University PCard Contact Information
After Hours PCard Contact Information
If you need immediate assistance after normal operating hours (Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.) contact:
If you need additional assistance, please contact Erika Brown in Procurement Services at email@example.com.
Chip and PIN Information
If you have misplaced your PIN please call Wells Fargo Customer Service at 800.932.0036. option 2,1,2
How to Receive a University PCard:
Card Renewal Information:
Refresher training is now required for existing cardholders who have a card with an upcoming expiration date. Please complete the online training module to ensure your University PCard remains active.
This is not a webinar, but a self-paced, online course.
- When it is time for you to take your refresher training you will receive an email with a link to the module. If you believe you are due for your training and have not received an emailed link, please reach out to Erika Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To access the course, you either need to be on campus or logged in to the VPN if accessing from an off campus location.
- If your existing card has already expired and you have not received your new card, please email Erika Brown at email@example.com.
Chip and PIN Information:
Our new cards have Chip and PIN technology, which is frequently used abroad and increasingly in the US. A growing number of retailers will ask for your PIN for your transactions. Click here to view the Chip and PIN FAQ (PDF).
Wells Fargo Customer Service:
Please contact Wells Fargo Fraud if:
- You suspect fraudulent activity on your card.
- Your card is lost/stolen. If your card is lost/stolen the bank will close your existing card and issue a new piece of plastic. Your new card will be sent to the PCard Administrator and then sent to your office via interoffice mail.