There are three different types of expenditures students might incur:
- Student Job Expenses – If the expenses to be reimbursed pertain directly to a student’s job that they are being paid for, then the student should submit reimbursement using Create Expense Report in Workday.
- Student Educational Expenses – If the expenses to be reimbursed are for a student’s educational benefit (i.e. travel to conferences, supplies used for classes, etc), they should be submitted on a Student Disbursement form.
- Student Org Expenses – If the expenses are related to a student organization please visit sofo.wfu.edu
For details, please see the Policies and Procedures section of this site.
- Advance Quick Guide (PDF)
- Business Expense Receipts: Required Documentation (PDF)
- Business Purpose Quick Guide (PDF)
- Lost or Missing Receipts (PDF)
- Meals Quick Guide (PDF)
- Prompt Payment Checklist (PDF)
- Submitting Expense Reimbursements (PDF)
- Travel Receipts: Required Information (PDF)
- Traveling Domestically: What You Need to Know (PDF)
- Traveling Internationally: What You Need to Know (PDF)
- Foreign exchange rates
- Foreign per diem rates
- Mileage reimbursement rate
- Tips and gratuities
- Google maps
For details, please see the Forms and Documents section of the site.
- Student Disbursement form (PDF)
- Foreign National Information Form(PDF)
- Missing Receipt Affidavit (XLS)
- Travel Advance Form (XLS)
- International Travel Supplemental Information Form (XLS)
International Travel Authorization Form
Individuals and groups traveling abroad using WFU funds are required to complete International Travel Information Forms available from the Center for International Studies website.
IRS Tax Forms
Use these forms when submitting tax information to Accounts Payable; for more information about each of these forms, please visit www.irs.gov.
- W-9 Form (PDF)
- W-9 Instruction (PDF)
- W-8BEN Certificate of Foreign Status-Individuals (PDF)
- W-8BEN-E Certificate of Foreign Status-Entities (PDF)
- W-8BEN Instructions (PDF)
- Business Expense Policy
- Travel Procedure
- Meals and Entertainment Procedure
- Accounts Payable Disbursement Policy
Payment Approval Procedures
Full Signatures are required when approving documents for payment. Initials are not acceptable. The approval signature means that the approver recognizes the items have been received, the funds are being used for a bona-fide business purpose and that the approver authorizes the payment.
If a student group has any questions about the approval of invoices or expense reimbursements, please contact the Student Organization Finance Office at email@example.com.