Procuring Goods and Services

Procurement Services helps you get the best value for items you buy on behalf of Wake Forest University.  We assist with product research, supplier selection, competitive pricing and problem resolution.  Need assistance with a purchase? Find out who to contact.

Negotiated Discounts
For a listing of discounts negotiated by Procurement Services for University use:
WFU Contract Discounts 
For a listing of discounts offered to employees for Personal use:
WFU Employee Discounts


Contact Procurement Services at or 336-758-UBUY (8289).

For purchases of items or services less than $2500.

For purchases of items or services over $2500.

  • If the supplier only takes payment at the time of purchase, contact Procurement Services on the UBUY line (ext. 8289) or at
  • If you plan to use the supplier more than one time, use the Create Supplier Request in Workday.
  • Items that are sole sourced must use the sole source requisition type in Workday.
  • Any exception to these specifications requires review and prior approval by Procurement Services.

Need help deciding what supplier to use?

Please contact us at, or call UBUY 336.758.UBUY (8289)

Procurement Services establishes the principle procurement policy recommendations and administrative guidelines for the Reynolda Campus. The department:

  • strives to offer a high level of customer service by providing quality products and services at the best cost
  • encourages expanding relationships with diverse, local and small business enterprises
  • participates in sustainable business practices

Contract Management Administrative Procedure

Ways to learn about the Procurement Policy:

Receipt Tax

If your purchase is for resale, sales and use tax is not levied at the time of purchase. The vendor must be provided an exemption certificate in order to grant us an exemption of sales tax on such purchases.

When a department at the University sells items, the department must collect receipt tax at the time the item is sold. This tax is not refundable. The department making the sale is responsible for depositing the tax collected into account 111111-21021 and reporting it on the Monthly Departmental Sales Tax Form (XLS)

If you have any questions regarding receipt tax, please contact