Procurement Services helps you get the best value for items you buy on behalf of Wake Forest University. We assist with product research, supplier selection, competitive pricing and problem resolution. Let us help you!
Receiving / Receipt Notification Reminders
Effective July 1st we will be implementing an automated receipt reminder email. This email will be a reminder to process a receipt in Deacon Depot (on orders greater than $250.00) so that Accounts Payable can pay invoices based on the appropriate payment terms. For more information please visit our receiving notification page.
The University has delayed the implementation of the Uniform Guidance Procurement Standards until July 1, 2016 as provided by the waiver of the procurement rules stated in COFAR FAQ, Section 110-6. In the interim, the OMB Circulars will apply to grants and cooperative agreements.
Wake Forest has implemented a cost-per-copy program for multi-functional devices. The program applies to Reynolda Campus, Graylyn Conference Center and Reynolda House Museum of American Art. Devices are provided by Xerox Corporation. See our page on MFD’s for more information.
How To Purchase Flowchart (click on image to enlarge)
For purchases of items or services less than $2500.
- Use Deacon Depot for your one-stop e-Procurement shopping.
- Use your University P-Card for Travel and Entertainment related expenses.
For purchases of items or services over $2500.
- If the Supplier only takes payment at the time of purchase, contact Procurement Services on the UBUY line (ext. 8289) or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you plan to use the supplier more than 3 times per year, complete a New Supplier Request form at Deacon Depot.
- If you will not use the supplier more than 3 times per year and the supplier accepts credit cards, please contact Procurement Services on the UBUY line (ext. 8289) for assistance.
- Items that are sole sourced must have the sole source document from Deacon Depot signed.
- Any exception to these specifications requires review and prior approval by Procurement Services.
Need help deciding what supplier to use?
Please contact us at email@example.com, or call UBUY (ext. 8289)
WFU Contract Discounts negotiated by Procurement Services
Policies & Procedures
Procurement Services establishes the principle procurement policy recommendations and administrative guidelines for the Reynolda Campus. The department:
- strives to offer a high level of customer service by providing quality products and services at the best cost
- encourages expanding relationships with diverse, local and small business enterprises
- participates in sustainable business practices
Ways to learn about the Procurement Policy:
If your purchase is for resale, sales and use tax is not levied at the time of purchase. The vendor must be provided an exemption certificate in order to grant us an exemption of sales tax on such purchases.
When a department at the University sells items, the department must collect receipt tax at the time the item is sold. This tax is not refundable. The department making the sale is responsible for depositing the tax collected into account 111111-21021 and reporting it on the Monthly Departmental Sales Tax Form
If you have any questions regarding receipt tax, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.