Setup with Vantage Point Logistics
Wake Forest University has recently contracted with Vantage Point Logistics, Inc. (VPL) to provide freight management services through FedEx. The goal of this new program is to reduce shipping costs through mode-optimization and the value-added service offerings of VPL. This new program will apply only to inbound freight that is shipped “Prepay and Add”. Contracts in place with suppliers that stipulate “free freight” or “freight included” will not be affected.
WFU Staff and Faculty please click here for additional information.
Please provide Vantage Point Logistics (VPL) with the requested information so they can get you setup with the Prepay and Add Shipping process:
- If your standard business practice was to assess a shipping charge on our invoices we ask that you update this process to ship “prepay and add” small packages “FOB Destination, Bill Third Party” via the third party carrier account number(s) that will be provided.
- Please list the WFU Purchase Order (PO) number in either the 2nd address field or the “reference” field on the shipping label.
- Use the mode of transport as selected by our purchasing members or as directed by the PO (e.g. Express, Ground, Overnight, etc.)
- For palletized or LTL shipments (shipments over 150 lbs), please call 844.VPL.7444 or email LTL@nullvantagepointlogistics.com to schedule your pick-up and delivery of the items. Please follow your normal procedures for preparing LTL shipments, i.e. shrink-wrapping pallets and/or labeling cartons with appropriate address and handling information.
- As part of implementation we ask that you provide access to all WFU shipping information when requested by VPL.
- Account confidentiality: Third party account numbers are confidential and should only be communicated for the limited purpose of preparing these shipments under the routing instructions listed on website referenced above. Do not post this information online or make it generally available beyond what is required for your company to meet these instructions.
- For program related questions, contact the VPL Supplier Care team at email@example.com or 855.826.8200 x2.
- For shipping needs (scheduling pickups, tracking information, ordering supplies, etc.), contact FedEx Customer Support at 800.463.3339.
- For all Wake Forest University specific questions, please contact Procurement Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Procurement Services Help Line x8289.
On behalf of Wake Forest University, we appreciate your cooperation and support as we implement this new program.