Sponsored-Party Billing

Sponsored-Party Billing

If an outside organization will be paying all or part of your Wake Forest tuition and/or fees, and the sponsor requires a bill or invoice to be mailed directly from Student Financial Services, the following two items are required:

  1. A Written Authorization from the sponsor
  2. A Financial Information Release Form

Top of page

Written Authorization

A written authorization must be received from the sponsor prior to the beginning of a semester.

Once the sponsor authorization is received, a bill or invoice will then be sent to the agency/company.

**Please note: If, for any reason, the sponsor does not pay the invoice, the student will be liable for full payment of all charges incurred.

If your sponsorship amount is changed or cancelled, for any reason, you are responsible for unpaid amounts due Wake Forest University.

Future sponsorships are not allowed until current sponsorships are paid in full. Students cannot enroll in future semesters or receive transcripts until all charges on their Wake Forest University accounts are paid in full.

Top of page

Financial Information Release

Student Financial Services requires written permission to release Wake Forest student account information to any sponsor. If a sponsor will pay all or part of your eligible tuition and/or fees, a Financial Information Release form must be completed and sent to Student Financial Services on or before the appropriate due date listed below.

The financial information release form requests that Wake Forest bill any sponsor from whom an authorization has been received and release information to the sponsor as needed to service your account. This form only needs to be completed once, since the release will remain in effect throughout your attendance at Wake Forest University.


Financial Information Release form due dates:

New students entering

Form due by

Fall semester
August 1
Spring semester
December 1
Summer semester
May 1

Please mail, email or fax the release to:

Samantha Fields
Student Financial Services
P.O. Box 7366
Winston-Salem, NC 27109
Fax: 336-758-4004
E-mail: fieldssr@nullwfu.edu

Questions? Contact Student Financial Services at 336-758-5234.

Top of page

529 Plans

Money from a 529 plan can be used for tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for study at any accredited college, university or vocational school in the United States and at some foreign universities.

Payments from all 529 plans should be paid to the student account by the established due dates for each semester. Failure to do so could result in registration holds being placed on the student account.

F0r 529 Savings Plans:

  • Contact your plan as early as possible and follow any instructions provided by your savings plan. This often involves completing a withdrawal  request through your plan.
  • Please ensure that your withdrawal request is submitted early enough to allow ample time for processing and mailing before the WFU tuition due dates.
  • If the option to have funds sent directly to the school is chosen, the following information will be needed:
School Code 002978
Campus Code 00
Mailing address Wake Forest University
P. O. Box  890701
Charlotte, NC  28289-0701

For 529 Prepaid Plans:

  • Contact your plan and follow any instructions provided by your prepaid plan.
  • If an invoice is requested, please provide a copy of the current student billing statement, which is found in the WFU DEAC billing system.

Private College 529 Plan

The Private College 529 Plan is a prepaid savings plan run by a consortium of more than 200 private colleges. The plan allows families the immediate opportunity to lock in a discounted tuition cost at a participating college in a future year. Wake Forest is a participating institution in the Private College 529 Plan. If you are the beneficiary of a Private College 529 Plan, be sure to redeem by the tuition due date each semester.

Important Note: Redemptions should be requested after July 1st in order to take advantage of the tuition discount for the upcoming academic year. If redemptions are requested prior to July 1st the beneficiary will receive credit for the prior academic year tuition rate.

For more information on this type of plan, please visit the Private College 529 Plan

Top of page