On this page:
If a third party (i.e. any outside agency, company, or state prepaid tuition program) will be paying all or part of your Wake Forest tuition and/or fees, and the third party requires a bill or invoice to be mailed directly from Student Financial Services, the following two items are required:
Examples of third party payment sponsors at Wake Forest University include:
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- U.S. Army
- Division of Veterans Affairs
- Florida Prepaid College Plan
- Virginia Prepaid Education Plan
- Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission
- High schools, churches, civic and community organizations
Written Authorization Letters
A written authorization must be received from the third party prior to the beginning of a semester.
Once the third party authorization letter is received, a temporary credit for the amount indicated in the letter will be applied to the student’s account. An official bill or invoice for this amount will then be sent to the agency/company.
**Please note: If, for any reason, the sponsor does not pay the invoice, the student will be liable for full payment of all charges incurred.
- Any funds received from an outside agency or company must be reported to the Student Financial Aid office.
- Please refer to the Student Financial Aid website for policy and instructions regarding these types of funds.
Please follow the same process for outside agencies/companies.
For state prepaid plans the authorization letter should be forwarded to:
Samantha Fields, Student Financial Services
P.O. Box 7366
Winston-Salem, NC 27109
Financial Information Release
Student Financial Services requires written permission to release Wake Forest student account information to any third party. If a third party will pay all or part of your eligible tuition and/or fees, then a Financial Information Release form must be completed and sent to Student Financial Services on or before the appropriate due date listed below.
The financial information release form requests that Wake Forest bill any third party from whom an authorization letter has been received and release information to the third party as needed to service your account. This form only needs to be completed once. The release will remain in effect throughout your attendance at Wake Forest University.
If your sponsorship amount is changed or cancelled, for any reason, you are responsible for unpaid amounts due Wake Forest University.
Future sponsorships are not allowed until current sponsorships are paid in full. Students cannot enroll in future semesters or receive transcripts until all charges on their Wake Forest University accounts are paid in full.
Financial Information Release form due dates:
New students entering
Form due by
|Fall semester||September 1|
|Spring semester||February 1|
|Summer semester||June 1|
Please mail, email or fax the release to:
Student Financial Services
P.O. Box 7366
Winston-Salem, NC 27109
Questions? Contact Student Financial Services at 336-758-5234.
Money from a 529 plan can be used for tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for study at any accredited college, university or vocational school in the United States and at some foreign universities.
There are three types of 529 plans: Savings, Prepaid, and Private College 529 Plan.
Payments from 529 plans need to be paid to the student account by the established due dates for the semester they apply to. Failure to do so could result in registration holds being placed on the student account.
- Administered by states only
- Does NOT require an invoice from WFU thus no authorization letter required (the plan holder initiates and handles all payments)
- Examples are Pennsylvania 529 Investment Plan, New York 529 College Savings Program, Missouri 529 College Savings Plan (MOST)
- Contact your plan as early as possible, inform them of your decision to attend WFU, and follow any instructions provided by your savings plan. This often involves completing a withdrawal or disbursement request through your plan.
- Please ensure that your withdrawal request is submitted early enough to allow ample time for processing and mailing before the WFU tuition due dates.
- If the option to have funds sent directly to the school is chosen, the following information will be needed:
School Code 002978 Campus Code 00 Mailing address Wake Forest University
P. O. Box 890701
Charlotte, NC 28289-0701
- Administered by states or higher education institutions
- Requires an invoice from Wake
- Examples are Florida Prepaid College Plan, Virginia Prepaid Education Plan, Alabama PACT
- First contact your plan, inform them of your decision to attend WFU, and follow any instructions provided by your prepaid plan.
- Your prepaid plan will then send a written authorization letter with all pertinent information concerning your plan to WFU. This authorization letter satisfies the third party written authorization requirement.
- It is not necessary to contact your prepaid plan each semester or each academic year, unless changes to your initial request are needed.
- Most state prepaid plans send an updated roster of eligible students to the university prior to the beginning of each academic year.
- Student Financial Services will invoice the plan AFTER the first week of classes.
- All plan payments are sent directly to the school and it normally takes 3-4 weeks to receive actual payments.
- A temporary credit for the prepaid plan amount will be applied to the student’s account. This credit will remain until actual payment is received from the prepaid plan.
Private College 529 Plan
The Private College 529 Plan is a prepaid savings plan run by a consortium of more than 200 private colleges. The plan allows families the immediate opportunity to lock in a discounted tuition cost at a participating college in a future year. Wake Forest is a participating institution in the Private College 529 Plan. If you are the beneficiary of a Private College 529 Plan, be sure to redeem by the tuition due date each semester.
Important Note: Redemptions should be requested after July 1st in order to take advantage of the tuition discount for the upcoming academic year. If redemptions are requested prior to July 1st the beneficiary will receive credit for the prior academic year tuition rate.
For more information on this type of plan, please visit the Private College 529 PlanTop of page