Site Content

University P-Card

Important Information

 If your card has an expiration date of 08/14 or 09/14 and you have not yet completed Refresher Training, please complete the online training module.

This is not a webinar, but a self-paced, online course. 

  • You have until the close of business on Friday, October 31, 2014 to complete this course.
  • To access the course, you either need to be on campus or logged in to the VPN if accessing from an off campus location.
  • The course will not be considered complete until you have submitted the form at the end of the course, which includes your name, email address, and final score.
  • You may access the course at:
  • If your existing card has already expired and you have not received your new card, please email Dawn Cadd at

Chip and PIN Information
Chip and PIN FAQ
Forgot/Lost PIN?

PCard Contact Information
PCard Administrator: Dawn Cadd, 336-758-5998
UBUY Helpline: 336-758-8289

If you need immediate assistance after normal operating hours (Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm) contact:
Bank of America Fraud,  866-500-8262
Bank of America Cardholder Customer Service, 888-449-2273


If you need additional assistance, please contact Rosey Murton or Michael Logan in Procurement Services:
Rosey Murton,
Michael Logan,


How to Receive a University VISA Card

Card Renewal Information:
Refresher training is now required when your card expires. If your card expires 8/2014 or 9/2014, please see “Important Information” on the Overview tab.
If your card expires 10/2014 or later, please follow these instructions. Training must be completed before your new plastic is sent to you via interoffice mail.

  • To access the course, you either need to be on campus or logged in to the VPN if accessing from an off campus location.
  • The course will not be considered complete until you have submitted the form at the end of the course, which includes your name, email address, and final score.
  • You may access the course at:

Chip and PIN Information:
Our new cards have Chip and PIN technology, which is frequently used abroad.  This type of card is slowly making its way to the US.  For purchases in this country, you will most likely use your card as you have in the past.  However, a few US retailers may ask for your PIN.   Click here to view the Chip and PIN FAQ.

Bank of America Fraud Department:  866-500-8262
Please contact BofA Fraud if:

  • You suspect fraudulent activity on your card.
  • Your card is lost/stolen.  If your card is lost/stolen the bank will close your existing card and issue a new piece of plastic.  Your new card will be sent to the PCard Administrator and then sent to your office via interoffice mail.
  • You are traveling outside the US.  They will make note of your destination and dates of travel.

Login to Works (best if used with Internet Explorer)
New Works Interface Login - copy and paste URL:
Login to Original Works Interface - copy and paste URL:

Quick Guides
New Works Interface User Guide
Updating a P-Card Transaction in Works Quick Guide
Lost or Missing Receipts Quick Guide
Meals Quick Guide
Sales Tax Quick Guide
Travel Receipts Quick Guide
Producing a Statement Quick Guide
Business Purpose Quick Guide



Business Expense Receipts: Required Documentation
Chart of Accounts Dictionary
Tips & Gratuities
Login to Works (best used with Internet Explorer)


P-Card Statement Closing Dates

P-Card statement closing dates are the first business day of each month, and documentation is due to Accounts Payable by 5:00 pm on the 7th business day of the month. For exact dates, please view the Financial Services calendar.


P-Card FAQ

Q: If I don’t have any transactions during a particular statement period, do I have to do anything?
A: No.

Q: What do I do if I am traveling during a statement close period?
A1: First, call Accounts Payable and let them know you are traveling and your documentation may be late. Then, if you have access to the internet, go into Works and update your transactions and sign off on them. The last step, printing off your statement, can happen when you return from traveling. At that time, print your statement, get the appropriate approvals and submit them along with your receipts to AP.

A2: If you don’t have access to the internet to update your transactions, consider assigning a proxy to update those transactions for you. If you plan ahead, most individuals are willing to help. Your proxy can go into Works and update your transactions. You will need to let them know the business purpose information ahead of time. Call AP ahead and let them know you will assign a proxy. Documentation, including statement and receipts can be turned in when you return.

Q: I have forgotten my password, what do I do?
A: Call P-Card Administrator x5998 or the uBuy Help Line x8289. We will reset your password. It will ALWAYS temporarily be your username. The next time you log into Works, you will assign another “permanent” password. Don’t click the “forgot password” in Works.

Q: I signed off on a transaction with the wrong information.  Now I need to update it, but I can’t see it on my screen. What do I do?
A: Call the P-Card Administrator x 5998 or the uBuy Help Line x8289. We will “flag” the transaction back to you. When you log into Works the transaction will be on the “resolve” line instead of the “sign off” line. Click on the transaction and then update as needed. In the bottom right hand corner you find and click on the “remove flag” button. When the white box comes up, type “corrected”. Click “OK” and you are done.

Q: I used my card but the transaction hasn’t shown up yet. Where is it?
A: The posting process can take up to 10 business days. If you don’t see your transaction post in a reasonable amount of time, you may call the supplier and ask them when they processed the transaction. Remember that the statement period only captures transactions that have posted.

Q: I just went into the site and updated my transactions. I printed my statement and none of my changes are there. Have I lost everything I just did?
A: No. If you hit “save” and “OK” when you were updating you haven’t lost anything. Works is simply an interface that talks to another system. Sometimes it takes up to a couple of hours for the system to update. This is especially true if you update all of your transactions at the last minute. Lots of people wait until the last minute, which causes a delay.

Q: I am being asked for my billing address. What do I use?
A: Your billing address is your departmental PO Box number. No punctuation, no dashes. When you enter your billing address it should look like this:
PO Box 7245
Winston Salem NC 27109

Q: Why do I have to call Procurement and Bank of America when I travel internationally?
A: You call Bank of America to let them know of your travel plans so they will not assume your card is being used fraudulently when charges from another country begin to show up. Also be sure you call Procurement Services before you travel to ensure you have enough credit on your card in the event of an emergency. If you are traveling with students/group of individuals, we will request approval from your approval authority to increase your credit limit based on the number of individuals in order to accommodate unforeseen needs.

Q: I know I need to break out the NC Sales tax, where do I put it?
NC sales tax info

Q: I don’t like Works. When is that site going to be updated/changed so it is easier to use?
A: We completely understand. Works is an environment managed/provided by Bank of America. The ideal solution is to have an interface between Works and Banner.

Q: I am having trouble logging in or some of the information in Works is acting strange, what is wrong?
A: Please make sure you are logging into Works through an Internet Explorer or Firefox browser window. Works does not play well with the Google Chrome browser.  The web address for Works is: