The mission of the Office of Budget and Financial Planning is to provide responsive and professional services that enable leadership to best allocate resources that support teaching, scholarship, and students.
The Budget Office staff evaluates budget vs actual performance throughout the fiscal year and serves as a resource for university leaders, budget officers and financial managers, assisting in budget development and submission, as well as representing departmental budget plans to university leadership.
Please feel free to contact the Budget & Financial Planning Team with any questions or comments you might have. We look forward to serving you.
Who to contact: Budget & Financial Planning vs. Financial & Accounting Services (FAS)
Contact the Budget & Financial Planning (BFP) office for questions & information regarding:
- Funding Availability
- How to interpret Budget to Actual Performance reports
Contact the following Financial & Accounting Services teams for questions & information regarding:
- Cognos Reports: email@example.com
- Object/account codes: Commonly Used Account Numbers
- Add an account to your department
- Request a new account
- Determine which code to use on invoices
- Transaction Detail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions regarding validity
- Back-up documentation
- Actuals as reported on Cognos Salary Detail Report
- Encumbrances of personnel
Contact Procurement Services for questions & information regarding:
- Purchase Orders
- Non-Personnel Encumbrances
- University P-Card
Please refer to the Tools tab.
Note: the following forms are provided as Microsoft Excel documents.
Policies & Procedures
Coming soon! For specific questions on budgeting for your department, please contact the Budget & Financial Planning Team.